Pages

Saturday 14 September 2019

Maori Symbols

Since it is the last day of Maori Language Week, I have finally finished my art.

I drew symbols on it, I had to do at least more than two and I did all and I didn't trace.




Maori Symbols:


Dolphin/Tail - Symbol of protection, navigation,
friendship and harmony.


Double/Triple Twist - Represents the joining of cultures, people or lovers.


Single Twist - Represents the “ path of life .“


Koru - Peace, tranquility and personal growth.


Kowhaiwhai - Symbol for life ad identifies a person’s tribe


Hei Matau ( Fish Hook ) - Symbol for prosperity and good health.


Tiki - Good luck charm, fertility symbol, in myth he is the first mortal.


Toki ( Adze ) - Worn by elders these symbolize power, wisdom and authority in their tribal culture. 


Circle Of Life - represents the idea that life has no beginning or ending.


Manaia - Spiritual guardian, protects against intruders, the 3 fingers its had mean: birth, life & death and has a  bird head.


Roimata ( Teardrop ) - signifies comfort

No comments:

Post a Comment